Higher Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management
Programme Objectives and Courses
- Apply knowledge and use a range of practical skills and personal attributes required for successful first line management roles within a variety of international hotel and tourism organisation.
- Differentiate the operational, financial and marketing processes of a commercial hospitality enterprise within the context of the global nature of the business.
- Cultivate a professional management attitude and nurture team-working and leadership skills.
- Confidently demonstrate business English and research and study skills at the appropriate level.
- Critically analyse cultural issues and business management skills for successful first line management roles within an international hotel and tourism organisation.
The aims of the module are to enable students to:
• develop critical reflection of currently accepted knowledge of Human Resource Management – in association with issues of organisational behaviour and citizenship
• analyse emerging strategies and tools for leading people in the service industry
• build awareness of how organisational processes and realities impact the nature of engaging hospitality work environments
• question Human Resource Management approaches implied in differing contexts and organisational settings, and consider moral and societal implications for an honest and fair future.
Age requirements: 19 and above
Language proficiency: Required English level by interview / HTMi test or have TOEFL 500 – 550 or IELTS 5.5 or equivalent HTMi English Placement Test Score.
Prior work experience: 1 year, may include work placements/internships
Final assessment: Written exams and final projects.
Graduation requirements: 60%
Average student-teacher ratio: 15 students per 1 teacher
Total contact hours: 400 hours full-time
Duration of programme: Academic Study: 20 Weeks
Higher Diploma graduates can continue on to one of the Bachelors degree programmes: BSc (honours) in International Hospitality Management, BA in International Hotel and Tourism Management, BA in International Hotel and Events Management, or BA in Culinary Management