Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management
Programme Objectives and Courses
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical skills and competencies required for successful supervisory roles within operational areas of an international hotel and tourism organisation.
- Understand the nature of hotel and resort management, the complexities of the commercial hospitality enterprise and financial management processes.
- Use English and basic German language skills in an operational setting.
- Confidently demonstrate information technology, study skills and research methods at the appropriate level.
- Demonstrate knowledge and business management skills for successful supervisory roles within an international hotel and tourism organisation.
Being the second level of the Soernberg Concept entrepreneurial group projects, it incorporates both Year 1 and Year 2’s studies to facilitate and develop them in a creative and entrepreneurial way. Thus, students will create a new and exciting concept at Level 2, while further developing a wide range of skills, including the ability to work in teams.
Age requirements: 18 and above
Language proficiency: Required English level by interview / HTMi test or have TOEFL 500 or IELTS 5.0 – 5.5 or equivalent HTMi English Placement Test Score.
Prior work experience: 6 months, may include work placements / internships
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face, blended learning platforms, online, research, student centred learning, tutorials, lecture, presentations, assessments, project based assignments, and applied learning.
Final assessment: Written exams and final projects.
Graduation requirements: 60%
Average student-teacher ratio: 15 students per 1 teacher
Total contact hours: 440 hours full-time
Duration of programme: Academic Study: 20 Weeks and Work Placement / Internship: 20-24 Weeks
Students who successfully complete the programme (academic study and work placement/internship) will be awarded with the Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management by HTMi Hotel and Tourism Management Institute.
Diploma graduates can continue on to the Higher Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management.