Bachelor, BSc (Honours) Degree in International Hospitality Management
Programme Objectives and Courses
- Combine an understanding of a range of practical, theoretical and personal skills required for professional management roles within a variety of international hotel and tourism organisations.
- Synthesise strategic, human resource and marketing processes of a commercial hospitality enterprise within the context of the global nature of the business.
- Cultivate a professional management attitude by nurturing corporate culture and social responsibility to add value to an organisation.
- Confidently debate, research and synthesise theories.
- Critically analyse different multilateral institutions and transnational organisations involved in international tourism management.
So, this module aims to introduce students to the importance of events concerning the economy and prepare students for the realities of working in a sector that is becoming increasingly international. Students will also study the theory and learn experientially about the operational practice of event management.
This module aims to evaluate approaches to planning, organising and controlling the service marketing management function that is characterised by intangible, inseparable, variable and perishable product offerings. Particular emphasis is placed on developing a strategic approach to the industry globally by encouraging students to apply the theory learnt to the hospitality industry.
Age requirements: 19 and above
Language proficiency: Required English level by interview / HTMi test or have TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6 or equivalent HTMi English Placement Test Score.
Prior work experience: 1 year, may include work placements/internships
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face, blended learning platforms, online, research, student centred learning, tutorials, lecture, presentations, assessments, project based assignments, and applied learning.
Final assessment: Written exams and final projects.
Graduation requirements: 40%
Average student-teacher ratio: 15 students per 1 teacher
Total contact hours: 360 hours full-time
Duration of programme: Academic Study: 20 Weeks and Work Placement / Internship: 20-24 Weeks
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded with the Bachelor, BSc (Honours) Degree in International Hospitality Management by Ulster University.