Bachelor, BA Degree in International Hotel and Events Management
Programme Objectives and Courses
At the conclusion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Combine an understanding of a range of practical, theoretical and personal skills required for professional management roles within a variety of international hotel and tourism organisations.
- Synthesise strategic, human resource and marketing processes of a commercial hospitality enterprise within the context of the global nature of the business.
- Cultivate a professional management attitude by nurturing corporate culture and social responsibility to add value to an organisation.
- Confidently debate, research and synthesise theories.
- Critically analyse different multilateral institutions and transnational organisations involved in international tourism management.
HTMi is a world leader in hotel and events management training, which is included in all undergraduate programmes. Students who successfully complete the HTMi Higher Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management, will be awarded a Bachelor, BA degree in International Hotel and Events Management, issued upon completion of their bachelor degree studies.
The aim of this module is to introduce students to the importance of events to an economy and prepare students for the realities of working in a sector that is becoming increasingly international. Students will also study the theory and learn experientially about the operational practice of event management.
The aim of this module is evaluate approaches to planning, organising and controlling the service marketing management function that is characterised by intangible, inseparable, variable and perishable product offerings. Particular emphasis is placed on developing a strategic approach to the industry globally and encouraging students to apply the theory learnt to the hospitality industry.
Age requirements: 19 and above
Language proficiency: Required English level by interview / HTMi test or have TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6 or equivalent HTMi English Placement Test Score.
Prior work experience: 1 year, may include work placements/internships
Final assessment: Written exams and final projects.
Graduation requirements: 60%
Average student-teacher ratio: 15 students per 1 teacher
Total contact hours: 360 hours full-time
Duration of programme: Academic Study: 20 Weeks
Bachelors graduates can continue on to the Postgraduate programmes.